Last year, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality brought some of the significant, impactful impressions. These technologies have worked beyond smartphone users and have caught the attention of the established brands as well. Most of the marketers and entrepreneurs are looking for ways to use AR or VR in their fields for a better business approach. A right business approach can eventually lead to higher traffic to their site. But what people saw in 2019 was just the beginning. 2020 is likely to bring in that transformative effect on the present business world. These trends are likely to go mainstream now and end up making the domain of a core business infrastructure. Studies showed that AR and VR solutions could easily cost around $571.42 billion in the upcoming market.
The current outlook to work with:
Right in the beginning, VR was introduced with hardware. Later, it entered the software industry with time. It has become a significant part of the entertainment industry and has captured the attention of multiple companies. Then it is about AR or augmented reality. This technology has been the main reason businesses are willing to explore benefits and create a better future down the lane.
Going through the IDC predictions, this AR or VR market enjoyed around 60% of entire world spending in 2018. But, by the end of 2021, it is expected that around 85% of the global spending will be on this trend. AR and VR technology will be leading the chart, alongside public and manufacturing sectors, transportation, and retail industries.
Based on the current geographical factor, the region that heavily invested in this AR or VR medium last year is North America. It is highly predicted that this region is likely to get the fastest growth within the span of the next 5 years.
XR is now associated with the healthcare industry:
AR and VR use have their potential uses in the healthcare industry. This year, you get to see most of these technologies to be used in general categories as well. Already, therapeutic sessions have taken the help of the virtual reality mechanism. Here, the therapists are using VR to treat patients suffering from anxiety disorders and phobias.
- VR is now combined with biosensors in therapeutic sessions to monitor patients’ physiological reactions such as perspiration and heart rates. It helps therapists to learn about their patients better and how they react in stressful scenarios.
- VR is currently used to treat autism patients by helping them in developing communication and social skills. This method can further be used for diagnosing patients suffering from cognitive or visual impairments. For that, VR is used for tracking their eye movements.
- With the healthcare industry adopting AR techniques, it is easy to state that the value of AR in the market is likely to grow by 38% annually. This growth will continue until 2025 as of now.
- Even surgeons can now use the power of AR in training and theater. This use will alert them of all the hazards and risks while working on any surgical procedure.
- There is one app developed using AR for creating a guide towards defibrillator devices. Another interesting use of AR is associated with nurses’ finding veins of patients and accidentally sticking needles in unwanted areas.
The medical industry has already taken into account the power of AR and VR. So, it won’t be long when other industries get to share the same technology. You can learn about it more from Blastup.
The mobile AR kit from Apple and Google:
Apple introduced the ARKit in 2017, and Google did the same with ARCore software development kits. These kits housed some of the development tools which brought more AR-enabled devices than before. It has tripled the number of people using this mechanism, within 1.5 years.
- With this tool kit, Apple has secured its AR market leadership. Later in 2018, it introduced the ARKit 2.0 at WWDC. Then, in 2019, it introduced ARKit 3.0 in the same event.
- Such introduced technologies from Apple have now placed AR within the same zone with the AR-headset line. Even to this date, users can see a dominant use of ARKit over ARCore. But, ARCore has grown by around 10 times more in figures.
- The installed ARCore compatible Android devices had grown from $250 million in 2018 December to $400 million in 2019, in May.
Smartphones are now focusing on AR mechanisms more:
Thanks to the AR machines, smartphones are becoming even more potent with their spatial sensors. It helps in unlocking some of the advanced AR uses. In 2020, you get to see advanced spatial sensors like ultra and radar wideband and ToF to be a staple technology. These sensors are designed to take AR experiences to a whole next level. Now, users get to create new content using 3D scanning. So, now the phone helps you to interact with the world in an entirely different limelight.
Headsets and VR technology:
One hurdle associated with VR technology is the uncomfortable headsets and display units. Now, there have been some improvements with the smaller and customized devices with higher resolution displays and a more comprehensive view for AR and VR sets. Recently, the team from Varjo came up with two headsets with human eye-resolution visuals with controller and hand tracking.
A perfect impact on teaching and training:
VR and AR have helped the teaching community quite a lot with the growth of online classes everywhere. People studying construction or any complex areas can efficiently train through AR and VR without any risk. The budding professionals are using VR to train within simulated areas and offer significant accuracy without any mistake.
Now, you can quickly get hold of AR and VR technologies for the sake of a budding industry later. This trend is here to stay for long and offering better results in 2020. Research indicates that people are more into VR technologies than before and it will stay like this for a long time.