When it comes to enjoying the luxury of technology in this modern age, Apple products fall first on the list. Well! Airpods by Apple are quite popular nowadays and everyone is simply buying them for their mind-blowing design, amazing audio features, and of course, the latest advancement on the lines of earphones. But if you are thinking that you cannot enjoy the luxury of Airpods in the absence of an iPhone or MacBook, you are wrong. Today, we are presenting a brief guide on how to connect AirPods to Windows 10 or any other PC? Before we begin, here are some facts you need to know.
How to connect Airpods to Windows 10 – 7 things you need to know!
First of all, Airpods are very swift and complement Apple’s efficiency. Airpods connect/pair to nearby Apple devices within 3 seconds. However, if you are pairing Airpods to Windows 10, it may take 1 minute or more if you encounter AirPods connected to PC but no sound issue.
Moving on, Airpods connected to Windows 10 do not remain compatible with in-built assistants like Siri. For example, several users download third-party assistants like Google in Windows 10. In this case, Airpods connected to Windows PC may not support it.
Noise Cancellation feature damage
To begin with, the Airpods Windows 10 driver does not support noise cancellation with one Airpod feature. Hence, if you are looking for a peaceful time with your Windows 10 connected with Airpods, you will need to connect both to your HP Laptop or any other authorized PC.
When you pair Airpods to Windows 10 PC, you will experience the absence of an auto-pause feature. Hence, it does not matter if you remove an Airpod from your ear, whatever you are playing will keep playing until you disconnect the device.
Ambient Sound issue
Another feature that does not work in Windows 10 is – Ambient sounds. When it comes to AirPods connected to Apple devices like iPhone or mac, there is very little potential that any voice is accessible to the other person sitting next to you. However, when you connect Airpods to windows 10 – this feature rarely works.
Single Airpod in use
Now, if you want to use only one Airpod after connecting your Airpods to Windows 10, you can simply put one AirPods in the case and the other will remain connected. By shutting the case, you can put one Airpod on charging. In the meantime, you can use another one. This trick helps when you are traveling and have limited sources of electricity.
Windows 10 Default Audio settings
Above all, the idea of how to connect AirPods to Windows 10? is outstanding. But, there’s a disadvantage that comes with it. You can use Airpods connected to HP Laptop or Windows for watching movies, streaming entertaining videos, and listening to music. But, when it comes to other media tasks such as making voice memos, recording voice messages, and audios, Airpods do not work. It is because, in Windows (8 to 10), recording and such tasks are set for hand-free mode as default.
Beginner’s guide on how to connect AirPods to Windows 10
Now that you are known to the cons of connecting Airpods to Windows 10 and you still want to do so. Here’s how –
- Open “Settings” in your Windows 10 PC.
- Now turn on “Bluetooth.”
- Click on the “Bluetooth and Other devices” option.
- Further Click on the “Add a device” option.
- Now, turn on your Airpods on the other hand by opening its lid and holding button installed at the back of the Airpods’ case.
- When the initials between two Airpods light up, release the back case button.
- Now, focus on your Windows 10 Bluetooth dialogue box.
- Your AirPods device name will appear on the nearby devices list.
- Request to pair by clicking on your device’s name on the screen.
- Once Airpods and Windows 10 PC paired successfully, you can enjoy amazing features of Apple’s AirPods in your Windows 10.
Airpods connected to Windows 10 but no sound
More often than not, our users face several issues due to Windows 10’s ineffective Bluetooth audio system. Users often question “why do my AirPods connected to windows 10 have no sound?” To begin with, the primary answer to this question is – Windows default audio setting. Whether you are connecting “My Airpods Stereo” or “My Hands-free Airpods,” supper low audio fidelity using AirPods with windows is common.
Here’s what you can do to resolve this issue –
- Reconnect your Airpods to Windows 10
- If you still hear the low sound, Click on Windows Key + R.
- This will start the “Run Dialogue box.”
- Now type mmsys.cpl in the given space.
- Click on the Ok Button
- Playback Tab will open on the screen
- Can you see the sound device (icon), double-click on the same?
- Now, select the enhancements option.
- At last, manage AirPods sound according to your need by toggling the checkbox.
Airpods Windows 10 Disconnecting issue
It is very rare for AirPods to disconnect randomly when they are connected with Apple devices. However, the AirPods Windows 10 disconnecting issue is very common. Yet, it becomes very frustrating for users sometimes to deal with this issue. The main reason is that the users cannot figure out whether the problem is with the Airpods or the PC. Well! Here’s your answer – Neither Airpods nor Windows 10 PC is faulty when you face the AirPods windows 10 disconnecting issue. It is because both Windows 10 and Airpods have very distinctive hardware and software settings. Thus, likewise, a piece of the unrelated puzzle, Airpods and Windows 10 finds it difficult to hold on to the odd connection.
To resolve this issue, you can try the following troubleshooting methods:
Bluetooth Troubleshoot process
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Type troubleshooting in the search box at the right side of the screen in windows 10.
- Click on the “Bluetooth” option.
- Troubleshooting will start soon.
- If there’s any issue, it will appear on the screen.
- If “no issues were found” status appears, reconnect your Airpods.
Bluetooth Driver Update
First of all, go to the desktop and press Windows key + X.
Now, click on the “Device Manager” option.
Go to the “Expand Bluetooth” option.
Now, either click on “Rollback the Driver” or “Uninstall the driver.”
Bluetooth Support Service restart
If the issue persists, you can also try to restart your Bluetooth support service by following the given instructions:
- Press Windows key + R to run the dialogue box.
- Now, type services.msc and press the enter button.
- Right Click on the “Restart Bluetooth Support Service”
- Select “Restart” option.
- As soon as the Bluetooth support service successfully restarts, try reconnecting AirPods again.
Note: Before Restart Bluetooth support service, it is important to check whether or not the startup is automatic. To do so, go to Bluetooth properties and change startup settings to automatic (if it is not already).
Airpods stuttering Windows 10 Solution
Apart from the given two most common problems on how to connect AirPods to Windows 10? Another common audio issue is stuttering Airpods in Windows 10. To begin with, this happens because of Windows PC’s default audio system and power management issues. Try the following solution to resolve this problem by temporarily closing power management for the given network adapter –
- Go to the Device Manager
- Select the “Network Adapters” option.
- Click on your network adapter (check name in your device, if you do not know).
- Select the “properties” option.
- Click on the “Power management” at the top.
- Now, untick the “save power permission”
- Save the setting and go back.
- Now, reconnect Airpods to Windows 10 PC.
So, we hope that all potential issues with How to connect AirPods to Windows 10? are resolved. If not, connect with us online and leave your queries in the comment section. As mentioned before, you may experience a lack of features when you connect Airpods to your HP laptop or any other Windows PC. Well! We have all the right and effective solutions for you.
For more information on the odd combination of devices such as Android Emulator on Mac; check out our “tech” section. Thank you for reading.