Beauty blenders have become our favourite spongy elements that perfectly affix our pre-makeup on the face. However, have you ever experienced pimples and breakouts on your face after using the same beauty blender for the 10th time in a week? Well! If yes, then it is time for you to learn how to clean beauty blender because you never know – an unhygienic blender can slowly infect your skin, especially when it’s sensitive.
To begin with, it can be very tricky for fresh makeup artists or self-makeup doers to clean a beauty blender. The reason being, if you clean it using the wrong supplements, you can damage its softness, spongy texture, and ideal outer surface. Hence, many YouTubers have tried to grasp the audience’s attention by broadcasting illogical tricks to clean beauty blenders. But, today, after real-time experiments with our makeup experts, let’s take a glance at the best five ways to clean a beauty blender and brushes. So, are you ready to sterilize your makeup artefacts to long-last? Let’s begin our journey together:
Five Easy Ways to clean Beauty Blender at Home
Do you want to clean your beauty blender at home instead of buying a new one? Well! The makeup and grooming industry has been advancing by the hour. Thus, beauty blender’s price rate has also been increasing as they offer convenience as well as quality to women and men who love a 100% precise makeup on their faces. So, here are the five most straightforward ways to clean beauty blenders at home without investing much money and time into the process:
Method 1: How to clean beauty blender with a cleansing pad?
One of the most challenging things about cleaning a beauty blender is that they are sensitive. Hence, if you clean a beauty blender with a harsh fondle, you will probably end up damaging it. It is why beauty experts prefer to clean beauty blenders using silicone cleansing pads. They are soft and comfortable to handle. And without a doubt, after using a cleansing pad on a beauty blender, it will come out as new. Here’s how to do it:
- Open a water tap and place the beauty blender under the running tap.
- Please make sure that the water pressure is not sharp or edgy.
- Now, gently compress the beauty blender by opening and closing your palm.
- Once the beauty blender is wet inside but slightly dry outside, apply a washing conditioner, liquid, or solid soap.
- Now, take the silicone cleansing pad.
- Slightly rub the beauty blender on the pad and scrub it left to right.
- Make sure you do not wring or pull the blender. Otherwise, it will lose its texture.
- After several scrubs, run the blender under the water to squeeze out all the soap.
- Set your beauty blender under sunlight or open-space until it’s air-dried.
Here’s a tip: Don’t keep your beauty blender under closed-space. If you do, you will experience a mildew and smelly blender afterwards. Unfortunately, you will have to clean it again.
Method 2: How to clean a beauty blender with baking soda?
Do you know what the best part about cleaning a beauty blender is? Well! It comes as shiny and spongy as new, and to be honest, it is really satisfying. However, when it comes to buying beauty blender cleaning cleansers, they can add up a lot of extra expenditure on your monthly budget for makeup. What to do? We have a perfect method for you. Clean your beauty blender using baking soda. It is commonly available in every household, and you only need a small amount of it to purge of all the dirt and dust stuck to the blender. Here’s how:
List of ingredients:
- Beauty blender
- Baking soda
- Cleansing soap
- Paper towel
- Water (enough quantity), and
- A cup (plastic or metal)
How to do it?
- Now, take the beauty blender and place it under the running water.
- You can simply use the sink tap. Hence, you don’t have to mess the house.
- Set the wet beauty blenders aside. Take a plastic cup.
- Add 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in the cup.
- Now, add liquid dish soap to the cup. (quantity: enough to cover the surface of baking soda’s layer)
- Further, add water to it carefully.
- Don’t add too much water.
- Just add enough water to prepare a thick paste of baking soda and dish soap.
- Put the beauty blender in the cup.
- Dip it deeper into the paste.
- Use your fingers softly to clean the dirt.
- Run the blender under the tap in the sink.
- Squeeze gently to remove extra water.
- Place the wet beauty blender on a paper towel.
- Air-dry it.
Method 3: How to clean a beauty blender with rubbing alcohol?
When it comes to deep cleaning something at home, rubbing alcohol is a go-to solution for everything. Whether you want to purge of dirt, old makeup marks, or invisible bacteria on your beauty blender, rubbing alcohol can do a wonderful job. Do you have rubbing alcohol available in the house? Well! Just get it right out of the cupboard and get a deep cleaned beauty blender within a few minutes. Here’s how:
Tip: It is recommendable to gently wash the beauty blender beforehand in order to get rid of all the additional dirt on the surface. Rubbing alcohol sanitizes or sterilizes the beauty products. And, it is quite significant amid covid-19. When you go to a beauty salon for a makeup job, always ask your expert if the blender is sanitized or sterilized. If not, don’t take the risk.
- First of all, put on some latex protection gloves to avoid any harm from rubbing alcohol.
- Now, pick a cup and fill it with 91% rubbing alcohol.
- After that, dip your beauty blender into the cup.
- Make sure the alcohol reaches the inside of the spongy blender for deep cleaning.
- After so, take it out. Squeeze the alcohol out gently.
- Place it on the paper towel until it’s dry.
Method 4: How to clean a beauty blender in the microwave?
Why microwave? To begin with, not every household has access to rubbing alcohol. It can be dangerous to keep in the house. Therefore, cleaning the beauty blender in the microwave is one of the easiest options. More often than not, this method is quite helpful when it comes to deep cleaning the blender. For the most part, when you use the same beauty blender for the 100th time, there are chances that it is full of sour makeup leftovers inside, dust, dirt, and bacteria. Hence, it is rather best to clean the blender in the microwave. This process is much straightforward and safe.
- First of all, fill a bowl of water.
- Dip the beauty blender into the water bowl.
- Place it in the microwave.
- Now, put the microwave on “cook” mode for 45 seconds.
- Make certain that the setting is not higher than 1100 watts.
- After the time is done, carefully take out the bowl.
- Keep it away for it to cool down.
- After its cold, squeeze out the excess water inside.
- Place it in an open-space to air-dry.
Here’s a tip: Repeat the process if you think the beauty blender is not fully cleaned yet. Or, it’s best to clean it beforehand using liquid dish soap or cleanser. Warm water will 100% sterilize the blender.
Method 5: How to clean a beauty blender with olive oil?
When it comes to beauty blenders, women get sensitive. One of the major reasons is that women’s skin is generally sensitive. Thus, any strong component can cause acne, pimples, and unwanted rashes. In that case, olive oil is an ideal solution for how to clean a beauty blender! Olive oil is safer for skin. It does cause acne. And it’s best if your skin is dry or sensitive or both. So, here’s how to do it:
- First of all, take a plastic cup or bowl.
- Add up to 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap.
- Then, add at least 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Mix it until it transposes into paste.
- Dip a beauty blender into it.
- Massage it to clean off all the dust and dirt.
- Carefully squeeze so the blender does not wring.
- Repeat the process to clean it well.
- Rise off oil using lukewarm water.
- Squeeze extra water.
- Place it under sunlight to dry off.
How to clean makeup brushes at home?
Makeup brushes are not very different from beauty blenders when it comes to sensitivity. Hence, here’s the best way to do the job carefully:
- Take a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Dip the makeup brush’s top area into the water.
- Now, add a pea-sized drop of liquid dish soap or cleanser on it.
- Gently massage the artificial hair bundle on the makeup brush.
- After the bristles are clean.
- Further, Rinse off using clean water.
- At last, Take a clean towel or paper towel to remove the additional moisture.
Here’s a tip: One must clean makeup brushes regularly. Timeline: once a week. If you don’t follow the timeline, bristles will start to fall off, i.e.., damaging your product.
So, Want to take care of your makeup products like a professional? It is best to go with cleaners available in the market. Using products like liquid dish soap or baking soda may give your product a very dry texture. For more details, bookmark us! Thanks for reading.