Being able to receive messages on any of the connected devices is a convenience first offered by Apple. Now we have many messaging apps, which can be synced to your computer and you need not keep checking your phone. The messaging app from Apple is known as iMessage and can be used on all devices that have been logged in with your details. Before you can send and receive a message, you will need to have access to your contacts to have the details of the recipient of the message. Your details also need to be fed in for you to be able to receive the messages to learn how to add phone number on Mac OS, read on…
Adding Your Number on an iOS Device
For this, you need to go to the Settings on the Apple Device
- Go to the ‘Messages’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Send and Receive’.
- If you are not already logged in, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password
- On the next screen, you will be asked to all another e-mail. Instead of e-mail, add your phone number.
- Once you log in, your number will automatically be updated.
Adding Your Number on Mac
To understand how to add phone number on Mac, read and follow the steps as described below
- Open the Messages app
- Click on the “Messages” tab located in the top-left corner
- Click “Preferences”
- Select “Accounts” – located above the dialog box
- Click on your Apple ID and log in. You might already be logged in. In that case, proceed further
- ‘Add another e-mail’ can be seen on the right side. Click on that and add your phone number to it.
- Click on the checkbox to select and activate it
Once your number has been added to the device, you will be able to send and receive messages to other users from there. The messages will get synced on all the connected devices as well.
If and when you want to remove your number, you will need to follow the same procedure. Instead of adding a number, you shall delete the number from the settings.
It can be confusing for a new user to understand MacOS, but as you continue to use and familiarise yourself, it becomes more and more friendly and you need not worry about how to add phone number on Mac